We invite you to take a cruise on the program "Demre (Olympos) - Fethiye" (4 days) on the traditional Turkish gulet. The tour is available from mid-April to mid-October.
Attractions of Demre:
- The Church of St. Nicholas was built in the 4th century. It houses a marble sarcophagus, in which until 1087 the relics of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker rested. In the 19th century, the church was reconstructed with funds from the Russian Empire. It is currently inactive and can be visited as a museum. Only one day a year she performs her religious functions. December 6, the birthday of Nikolai Mirlikiysky, thousands of Christian pilgrims gather in it for worship.
- The ruins of the ancient city of the World, which was founded in the 5th century BC on the river Miros. By the 3rd century BC it becomes the most important city of Lykia and a religious center. This lasted for many centuries, but in the 7th century there was a great flood, which made it impossible to reach the river by sea. Then the city began to lose its strength, but remained a place of pilgrimage, as there was the Church of St. Nicholas. At present, there is little left of Mira. There is an open-air museum where you can see some of the sights of the past. The most well-preserved amphitheater (in it and now concerts are held, performances), Lycian tombs, the ruins of the acropolis, sarcophagi.
Fethiye is one of the most popular resorts in Turkey. Located in a wide bay with many islands. Fethiye is located 135 km south-west of Marmaris and has a large marina. The ancient name of the city is Telmesos. Here you will see a fortress on a hill overlooking the city, which was built by the knights of the island of Rhodes. Fethiye is also known for its rocky tombs, carved with faces on high rocks. Among these tombs, the tomb of Amnit, dated back to the 4th century BC, is particularly noteworthy. It is worth a visit!
Some of the activities and on board:
- Breakfast, lunch & dinner will be served by your cook.
Demre (Olympos) - Kekova - Simena
Basically, on arrival, tourists stay for a night or two in Olympos. Then they go by minibus to the bus station in Demre. We pick up everyone near the church of St. Nicholas. At this point, you need to make all purchases and lunch. We depart from the harbor of Demre in the interval between 13.00 and 14.00.
Gulet heads for the Pirates Cave and the sunken city of Kekova. A history similar to the mythical Atlantis took place with this city - as a result of tectonic movements, the earth shifted, the mountains of Western Taurus rose, and several cities went under water. People fled from here, capturing only the most necessary, therefore there is such a rich antique layer of archaeological finds. Next you will visit the traditional Turkish fishing village of Kalekoy (Simena). No cars drive here. In the village there is a hill with the ruins of the fortress of St. John. This fortress (Kale) gave the current name of the village - Kalekoy. The yacht will then sail to Gokkaya Bay, where you can enjoy water sports. Then spend the night on a yacht or go to the hotel Smaglers In.
Kas - Kalkan
Breakfast. We sail to Kas, where you first swim in a quiet bay, and then we stop at the harbor for lunch and visit this charming fishing village. Once Kas, which in those days was called Antifellos, was a major trading port of Lycia. There are remains of an ancient temple (I century BC) and a small Hellenistic theater for 3,000 spectators, several tombs. Next, we make a stop near Kalkan or Firnaz Bay. Dinner and second night.
Batterfly Valley - Ölüdeniz - island of St. Nikolas
After sunrise, we go to the Valley of the Butterflies, where we stop for breakfast (if weather conditions allow), swimming and visiting a nature reserve. It is home to 136 species of butterflies. Oludeniz (Blue Lagoon) - our next stop (depending on the weather). Paragliding option available. In the next bay we have lunch. The last stop of the day is the island of St. Nicholas. You can visit the Byzantine ruins, swim. Then you will have dinner on board the yacht and overnigh.
Samanlink - Fethiye
Breakfast. Sail to the bay Samanlik. Here swimming and lunch. Then the yacht goes to the Fethiye harbor. Approximate arrival time is 14.00.
Included in the price:
- Full board accommodation (Breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea/cookies, dinner)
- All charter and berth taxes, harbour and port fees, transit log, VAT
- Crew service, ship water, diesel and gasoline
- Bed linen and towels (small and bath towel)
- Yacht insurance (we expect to bring your own individual travel insurance)
Not included in the price:
- Alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages on the bord bar (this should be purchased from the bar on board)
- Beach towels are not provided
- Optional land tours and entrance fees to places of interest
- Flights and airport transfers