We invite you to sea trophy fishing in the Red Sea near Djibouti. Djibouti is one of the best places for sea fishing. The best region for sea fishing is the archipelago of Seven Brothers. The populations of various fish here are huge and diverse. The size of the fish is larger than that in other regions. This is one of the best places in the world for fishing GT (giant trevally) especially in spring when this fish appears in large quantities and in very large sizes. Djibouti is an excellent fishing destination due to its strategic location between the Gulf of Aden and the Red Sea, making it extremely nutritious-rich, current- and passage-wise to sail in Pelagia between the Indian Ocean and the Red Sea. You will be able to visit two main and unique fishing places in Djibouti - the Seven Brothers Archipelago and the passe of Goubet. The Seven Brothers are six small rocky islands in the middle of the Bab el Mandeb Strait (the strait connecting the Red Sea with the Gulf of Aden), and they are considered among the best GT locations in the world, here a strong current and bait are largerly presented, but the real highlight of the place is the fact that GT gather around the islands in spring for spawning, in huge numbers and huge sizes .The Seven Brothers are also the best place in the world for coastal GT fishing, due to the very good shape of the coast which is very flat and easy to wade. Another place where we will fish is the Pass of Goubet, it is one of the craziest and most exciting places in the world for popping. It is a small strait between the two seas, with a small island in the middle, and since the place is very tidal, the current can be really incredible and it will seem to you that you're in the river of Himalaya, not to mention fighting in such a mass of water. The best season in Djibouti is in April and May, but June and October are also good. While fishing in Djibouti, the main target is GT, but here are also snapper, grouper, tuna, Spanish mackerel, Napoleon wrasse and a large number of sailfish and triggerfish. GT fly fishing is possible in some places. Only a barbless hook is allowed, for safety on board and for fish safety. Fishing will take place on the yacht Le Baron Noir. The boat can accommodate up to 12 guests in 6 comfortable cabins. Each cabin has a bathroom with shower and adjustable air conditioning.
- Cabins #1 and #2 in the bow of the boat: 2 single beds one above the other.
- Cabin #3 with two single beds, cabin #4 with double bed.
- Cabin #5 with a double bed and a single bed.
- Cabin #6 with two single beds on the same level.
Also the yacht offers a lounge with a large screen for photos or movies, bar, sundeck with canapés and mattress.
Possible fishing techniques:
- Popping (you can hook GT, red perch, all sorts of grouper and emperor fish, big barracuda, Spanish mackerel, tuna, and shark.
- Jigging (you can hook a huge GT when jigging)
- Fly fishing (large GTs and other trevally species, usually spotted, and sometimes black sharks and large barracuda.
- Shore and flat fishing (GT, barracuda, perch, triggerfish, sailboat and other pelagic fish).
The standard trip includes 6 full days for fishing in Djibouti, fishing is every day in different areas. To reduce fishing pressure, we change the zone within a week.
Arrival in Djibouti, boarding the yacht. Starting navigation at night to reach the fishing place.
Days 2- 7:
6 full days of fishing. Return to the port in the evening of the last day.
- breakfast and lunch on board.
- Transfer to the airport in the afternoon.
- It is also possible to fish for a few more days according to the request of the group.
Djibouti has developed infrastructure of flights to Europe, the best solution is Turkish Airways daily flight through Istanbul, but also other companies like Fly Dubai operate frequently.
- Safety and health
Djibouti is one of the safest countries in Africa, as there are military forces from different countries, both on the mainland and at sea. The main city and the whole country are very safe to visit, and the sea is widely patrolled by naval ships, making this place extremely safe. All customers shall have a tourist / health insurance. In addition, all guests sign a notice of holding Sealand Adventures Ltd harmless of any liability in connection with an accident.
No vaccination is required for this trip
Included in the price:
The price is for the entire yacht rental per week.
- 6 full days of fishing
- accommodation in a double cabin
- full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks)
- a guide accompanying the group
- all port charges
- water, coffee, tea, juices
- transfer from the airport to the yacht and back
Not included in the price:
- alcoholic beverages
- soft drinks (coke)
- rental of fishing tackle
- tip for the crew